Poznań sanctuaries route (5h):
• Cathedral: Sanctuary of the Holy Cross; the oldest Episcopal residence; the burial place of the first rulers of Poland, the Golden Chapel, the Sword of St Peter;
• Corpus Christi Church – Corpus Christi Sanctuary, Church founded by King Władysław Jagiełło;
• Poznań Parish Church: Sanctuary of the Blessed Mary of Unceasing Assistance, the most beautiful Polish Baroque-style church;
• Church of the Sanctuary of the Most Sacred Blood of the Son of God; visited together with the miraculous well.
• Church of the Conventual Franciscans (on Przemysl Hill) – Sanctuary of the Miraculous Mary Mother of God – the Lady of Poznań; the beloved church of Poznanians, where residents to this day bring their problems to the Mother of God.
• Chapel of Mary Mother of God of Lourdes – by the Church of Saint Martin, which miraculously avoided destruction in the 1970s.
NB: we picked the destinations keeping their charm and historic importance in mind; if you are interested in other sanctuaries or shrines (full list of Poznanian sanctuaries and shrines below), we will chose a route to accommodate your requirements. We adapt the program to your expectations without extra charge. Please contact us for this purpose.
Full list of Poznań sanctuaries on the basis of the Poznań Archdiocese Register:
• Cathedral: Sanctuary of the Holy Cross
• Church of the Mercy of God – Sanctuary of the Mercy of God
• Church of Corpus Christi – founded personally by King Władysław Jagiełło as a an offering following the sacrilege to the host by the Jews
• Church of the Most Sacred Blood of the Lord Jesus – visited together with the famous miraculous well.
• Church of the Transfiguration of the Lord – Sanctuary of the Transfiguration of the Lord
• Poznań Parish Church: Marian Sanctuary of Blessed Mary of Unceasing Assistance
• Church of the Conventual Franciscans – Sanctuary of the Miraculous Mary Mother of God Lady of Poznań
• Church of the Jesuits – Sanctuary of Mary Mother of God of the Rosary
• The Barefoot Carmelites – Sanctuary of Saint Joseph the Betrothed
• Church of Saint Roch – Sanctuary of the Blessed Sancja Szymkowiak
The most beautiful churches in Poznań (4h):
• The Cathedral (with the X century crypt): Sanctuary of the Holy Cross; seat of the first Polish bishop, burial place of the First Piasts, probably where Poland accepted Christianity, the Golden Chapel, the sword of Saint Peter, the Royal Chapel
• Churches of All Saints and Mary the Queen – examples of conversion of Protestant churches into Catholic churches, witnesses of the religious history of Wielkopolska
• Poznań Parish Church – the most beautiful Polish baroque church, in 2010 granted the title of Lesser Basilica, a moment of reverie in the Chapel of Eternal Adoration
• Church of the Franciscans on Przemysł's Hill – sanctuary of the Miraculous Mary Mother of God – Lady of Poznań, masterpiece of carving and painting of the Swachów brothers, beloved church of Poznanians, where the people of the city come to place their problems in the hands of the Mother of God
• Church of Saint Wojciech – according to tradition the church is built where the saint preached his sermon. It is a splendid Gothic church, with contemporary polychromes created by Wyspiański and Mechoffer.
The place, where it all began (2.5h):
On Ostrów Tumski the history of Poznań began, also probably the whole history of Poland, and certainly the history of the Catholic Church in Poland. We invite you to stroll along the streets of this delightful part of Poznań, during which we shall visit the place where the first palace of the Piasts stood and the first Christian chapel in Poland, two seminaries, the faculty of theology and also the Archbishop's Palace, and specifically we shall visit:
• the Cathedral
• the Archdiocese Museum
• the Church of Saint Margaret
The Sacred Hill (2-3h):
According to tradition Saint Wojciech preached on this hill, this is where the hill’s name comes from. So it is no surprise that to this day it is a place with a certain aura and tranquillity, in which sometimes you can even feel the presence of those times and those splendid people. It is here that those who have distinguished themselves in the service of Poznań, Wielkopolska and Poland are buried. During the visit you will see:
• the Church of Saint Wojciech with the Crypt of Distinguished Wielkopolans
• the Church of Saint Joseph (Barefoot Carmelites)
• the Cemetery of Distinguished Wielkopolans
Footsteps of Poznanian religious orders (4h):
• the Jesuits – former building (Świętosławska street) and the covent’s current location (Dominikańska street)
• the Dominicans – former building (ul. Dominikańska) and the covent’s current location (al. Niepodległości)
• the Franciscans – building of the Franciscan Observers (Bernardyński Square) and the Conventual Franciscans (Przemysl Hill)
• the Barefoot Carmelites – mastery on monastery on Saint Wojciech's Hill
• the Salesians – Church of the Most Holy Virgin Mary of Assistance to the Faithful
• the Sisters of Mercy of Saint Vincent de Paul – Church of Transfiguration
Please note: the above selection has been made with regard to the charm and historical significance of particular churches; should you be interested in other churches connected with religious orders (the full list of Poznanian monasteries is below), we shall select a route to suit your preference. We adjust the program to your wishes and it is priced with no extra charge. Please contact us to discuss preferences.
If you have more time:
• Jesuits – former building (Świętosławska street) and their current location (Dominikańska street)
• Dominicans – former building (Dominikańska street) and their current location (Niepodległości Avenue)
• Franciscans – building of the Franciscan Observers (Bernardyński Square) and the Conventual Franciscans (Saint Wojciech's Hill)
• Barefoot Carmelites –monastery on Saint Wojciech's Hill
• Oblates – Church of Christ the King
• Salesians– Church of Jana Bosko and church of the Most Holy Virgin Mary of Assistance to the Faithful
• the Philippine Brothers – Church of the Most Holy Virgin Mary Mother of the Church (Świerczewo)
• the Sisters of Mercy of St Vincent de Paul – Church of the Transfiguration
• the Pallottines – Church of Saint Lawrence
• the Resurrectionists – Church of the Resurrection of the Lord, Dąbrówki street
• the Order of Christ – Church of the Virgin Mary
• Missionary Priests of the Holy Family – Małoszyńska street